If you are visiting a country during Ramadan, the Ramadan buffet at these chosen restaurant is just the place to go for a delicious meal.
Ramadan is the holiest month of the Islamic calendar. The period of Ramadan begins with the sighting of the new moon (the “Fajr”) and ends with the “Mawlid an-Nabi” (the birth of the Prophet Muhammad).
Ramadan is one of the five pillars of Islam and during this month Muslims abstain from eating, drinking, smoking, having sex, and from any other bodily acts from dawn to dusk. Ramadan is also a time to focus on personal improvement and spiritual growth, to perform charitable deeds, and to increase ones commitment to Islam.
In the month of Ramadan, Muslims are asked to fast during the daylight hours and partake in Iftar after dark. Iftar is the meal where Muslims break their fast, but it’s more than just a meal- it’s a time for families to be together and to celebrate.
It’s a time to give thanks and to share food, love, and care with each other. It’s also a time for people to share with the poor. So if you’re looking for a good place to break your fast in Ramadan, we got you covered by providing you with some places you should definitely check out and visit!
The month of fasting or as we call it Ramadan is almost here! The word Ramadan comes from the Arabic root ramiḍa or ar-ramaḍ, which means scorching heat or dryness. When it’s time for Pre-fasting meals before dawn (Suhoor) and post-fast breaking feasts after sunset (Iftar), we wanted to make sure your tummy are being taken care of!
If you’re looking for a good place to break fast (Iftar) after sunset with beloved family during this fasting month, we got you covered by providing you places you should definitely check out and visit!
👩🏻🍳👨🏻🍳The month-long Ramadan Buffet features 445 offerings including the all-time Ramadan favourites:
- Ikan Tarajun – by Chef Gary Gideon Junior Sous Chef, a recipe he learned from his grandmother.
- Daging Masak Hitam – by Chef De Cuisine Chef Shumizan Bin Mohd Ali, learned the recipe from his mother who inherited the recipe from his grandmother
- 13 traditional woks – various gulai and curry dishes including Udang Masak Sambal Petai, Rendang Tok, Sambal Sotong, Puyuh Percik Golek & LMKK XXL GEARBOX Soup (3rd photo)
- Thai Journey corner – Mee Udang Galah Claypot Phee, Massamam Beef Curry, Som Tam and pineapple fried rice supervised by New General Manager Mr. Kanit, who is from Thailand. • Bubur Lambuk – by Chef Tournent Chef Stephen Bitor
- Kambing Golek Power by Chef Tournent Chef Stephen Bitor
- Baked Big Fish – by Chef Tournent Chef Stephen Bitor
- Lamb Briyani – by Chef Tournent Chef Stephen Bitor
- Bakar-bakar station 🍢
- Chinese corner 🥢 – prepared by Chinese Chef Lum Kai Man .
- Roasted Quail (4th photo) .
- Pondok Nelayan (8th photo)
- Rojak Corner (9th photo)
- Dessert wonderland 🍭🍨🍰 (10th photo) – more than 100 sweet treats of local, cakes and more including Kurma Cake, LMKK Coconut Pudding as well as Ubi and Pisang Rebus prepared by Executive Pastry Chef Mohd Suffian bin Idrus and Chef Shazulyssa Junior Sous Chef Pastry
🍴 Le Meridien Kota Kinabalu Sungkai Ramadan Buffet .
📍Jalan Tun Fuad Stephens, Jalan Sinsuran, Kota Kinabalu
💰 RM168nett per adult; RM80nett per child (5-12 years old); FREE for 4 years of age & below.
🎉 Early Bird Voucher (pre purchase BEFORE the month of Ramadan): RM128nett per adult.
🎉 Prepaid Voucher (pre purchase DURING the month of Ramadan): RM148nett per adult.
☎️ +6088 322 238 for more info
🥘 Halal Certified
🦐 The Ramadhan month is the time to rekindle togetherness between family and friends and Hotel Grandis is all geared up with bountiful Iftar offerings during the holy month. Since the Ramadhan month falls in line with the Harvest Festival month, a handful of local delicacies such as the all-time-favourite Hinava, Bambangan & etc..
#seatmy #grandishotel .
- Local Station: Hinava(Kadazan-style fish ceviche), Bambangan (fermented wild mangoes), Tuhau (fermented wild ginger), local spicy Ulam and vegetables.
- Nasi Briyani
- Chicken Rice .
- Noodle station
- Bazaar-food: Roti John, Murtabak Ayam, Roti Canai, ABC and more.
- Roasted Lamb: marinated with a secret 5-spice dry rub by Executive Chef, Rayner Micheal Majin.
- Malay cuisines: hot and spicy Sambal Tumis Udang, Ayam Goreng Berempah, Ikan Masak Lemak, Ayam Percik and Beef Rendang .
🏨 Grandis Hotels & Resorts
📍Rosea Café, Kota Kinabalu
⏰ Iftar Ramadan Buffet Dinner 6pm-10:30pm .
🎉 Early Bird (until 12.5.19): RM65nett (adult)
💰 RM80nett (adult); RM40 nett (6-12years old child)
📞 RSVP 088-522 872
Celebrating Ramadan with @mercurekkcc with The M Ramadan Buffet 🎉 with choices of traditional Malay cuisines, local traditional cuisines and seafood 😋 #seatsmy #mercurehotel
🎉 Mercure Kota Kinabalu City Centre
📍Maupassant Restaurant, Jalan Gaya, Kota Kinabalu (near Jesselton Jetty)
🗓 5th May-3rd June 2019
⏰ 6pm-10:30pm 💰Early Bird: RM50nett per adult (24hours before dinner)
💰Normal Price: RM68 (adult); RM40 (senior citizen); RM30 (child)
📞 +6 015 4876 1881
🌎 [email protected]
👩🏻🍳👨🏻🍳 Halal Certified
Executive Sous Chef, Adrian Chong and his team bring their culinary expertise to give the best buka puasa experience to diners with local favourites including the signature oxtail assam pedas and added special new dishes to be featured in the Ramadan buffet such as :
- Roasted Lamb
- Udang Galah Masak Lemak Cili Api,
- Indian fish head curry and vegetarian tikka.
- Cantonese style homemade dim sum and Beijing pecking duck.
- Bubur durian and assorted homemade traditional Malay kuih.
🦞Hyatt Regency Kinabalu
📍 Jalan Datuk Salleh Sulong, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
⏰ Ramadan Buffet 6pm-10pm Daily
💰 RM165 nett per adult, RM82.50 nett per child (6 – 12 years old)
🎉 PROMO Pre-purchase Ramadan voucher RM140 nett per person
☎ RSVP +6088 221 234 .
📧 [email protected]
👩🏻🍳👨🏻🍳 Halal Certified
👩🏻🍳👨🏻🍳Anyone can have a go at cooking but to cook really well, you need to have a real passion for it. And that’s something that celebrity-turned-chef, Dato’ Fazley Yaakob -Founder, Owner and Executive Chef of Suka Sucre Bistro: From Rembau to Paris has in spades. The theme for this year’s Ramadan at Promenade Café: ‘From Rembau to KK’, was inspired by Chef Dato’ Fazley Yaakob’s Suka Sucre Bistro: From Rembau to Paris-An award-winning family restaurant. Originated from Negeri Sembilan, Chef Dato’ Fazley’s signature dishes include:-
- Kepak Ayam Sambal Minang
- Kerabu Daging Salai
- Salted Egg Yolk Cream Pasta
- Daging Salai Lemak Cili Api Dengan Mangga Muda
- Rendang Daging Minang
- Ayam Pop Sambal Hijau
- Udang Salai Lemak Cili Api Dengan Ikan Masin
- Seafood Salai Station with 5 Sauces (Sambal Hijau, Merah, Minang, Sambal Kicap and Sambal Asam)
All will be featured in Promenade Café’s Ramadan Buffet Sungkai spreads throughout the month of Ramadan together with Promenade Café’s very own signature dishes such as Rendang Ala Firdaus and existing international buffet dinner spread.
🎉 Here’s a Special Treat!!! Be sure to save the date on 15th May 2019 (Wed) for a Meet & Greet with Celebrity Chef Dato’ Fazley in person at Promenade Café, Promenade Hotel KK.
🍴Ramadan Buffet Sungkai ‘From Rembau to KK’
📍 Promenade Hotels & Resort , Promenade Cafe, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
💰 Early Bird Promo RM118 per person (NP: RM148)
☎️ 088 252 396
A glimpse of “Citarasa Kita Buffet Dinner” food preview for our upcoming Ramadan month. Feast on a variety of cuisines- from traditional Malay food to Western cuisine! Drooling yet? Early bird price is only RM60 per adult and RM40 per child!! Hurry and get your early bird price before it’s SOLD OUT! #seatsmy #ibisstyles .
🥘 Ibis Styles Kota Kinabalu Inanam
📍Jalan Taipan 28, Inanam, Kota Kinabalu
🍴 Citarasa Kita Ramadan Buffet Dinner: 6/5/2018-3/6/2019
⏰ Buffet Time: 6:30pm to 10:30pm.
💰Early Bird(valid til 30/4/2019): RM60nett per adult/ RM40nett per child
💰Normal Price: RM78nett per adult /RM58nett per child (6 to 12 years old).
📞 088-285888 .
📧 [email protected]
Together we celebrate Ramadan with yummy Ramadan BUFFET in SABAH 😋♥️ for MORE photos check out our Facebook page!
A Grandeur Ramadan Feast at Ming Garden Hotel & Residences: Another year and an exciting occasion for family and friends to come together. Ming Garden Hotel & Residences is thrilled to roll out their much-awaited ‘Berbuka Sambil Beramal’ BBQ Ramadan Buffet Dinner specials for this holy month of Ramadan. Do your bits for charity as you dine here at the Golden Dew Bistro as every RM2.00 spent (per diner) will be donated to a local orphanage home here in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. #seatsmy #minggardenkk
🍴 The buffet promotion is spearheaded by Executive Chef Rosli Putong, which showcases 7 live action stalls located outdoors with local selections of::
– the state’s freshest seafood
– tantalizing chicken
– lamb skewers
– complimented with ketupat and unlimited refills of peanut sauce
– barbequed & grilled western cuisines
– Ming Garden’s famous and much sought after “Kambing Golek” or Roasted Whole Lamb
🥘 Signature dishes:
– Nasi Beriyani
– Prawn in Kalio Sauce
– Deep Fried Crispy Boneless Sesame Quail Bird
– Daging Hitam Manis
– Rendang Tok
– Sayur Lodeh Ikan Masin
– Oxtail Assam Pedas
– Gulai Ikan Daun Kunyit
– Daging Salai “Minang” Lemak Pucuk Ubi
– Tempeh Sambal Petai
– international desserts with features of local Malaysians cakes (such as Kuih Wajid, Kuih Puteri Mandi, Pulut Panggang, Kuih Koci and Kuih Bingka Jagung.)
🏨 MING GARDEN HOTEL & RESIDENCES
📍Lorong Ming Garden, Jalan Coastal
88000 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.
💰 RM100nett per adult; RM50nett per child
⏰ 6pm – 10pm DAILY (6.5.19-4.6.19) 🎉 Early bird vouchers get 10% discount off normal price purchase BEFORE 1.5.2019.
🎉 PROMO Buy 8 Free 1(Ramadan month) Ramadan ‘Berbuka Sambil Beramal’ BBQ Buffet Dinner.
📞 RSVP 088-528 888 (Ext 6611) for 🌎www.minggardenhotel.com
Selera Kampung is back again at our Tepi Laut Restaurant!
Monday – Thursday : RM99nett per person
Friday – Sundays : RM108nett per person
Feast to over 100 of Malaysian favorites including Chef Roslan’s signature dishes like Rendang Tulang Bidai Bidai, Dalca Kambing Utara, Ayam Goreng Berempah, Roast Lamb and many more including a live apam balik station.
Don’t forget to stop by our vegetables stall with choices of organic vegetables picked from Rasa Ria’s very own garden and have it stir fried to perfection for you.
Book now and enjoy our Early Bird promotion.
- Terms and Conditions
Room rate is subject to a 10% service charge and 6% government tax, per-room, per-night. A mandatory Tourism Tax of MYR 10, per-room, per-night, for all foreign passport holders will be collected by the hotel upon check-out.
The rate for an additional 3rd person is MYR 150++ for Garden Wing and MYR 180++ for Ocean Wing, inclusive of package benefits.
Prior reservation is required and is subject to availability at the time of reservation.
The offer is not valid in conjunction with other offers or promotions during the same period.
The offer is valid only when booked via Shangri-La.com
*Prayer rooms available for guests
[Early Bird Offer Alert!]
Enjoy our extensive spread of your favourite Sabahan traditional food when you break your fast with us at Urban Kitchen. Our Early Bird offer has been extended to the end of next week!
From RM120 nett onwards.
Hurry & call us now to enjoy the Early Bird discount. 😉
☎ +60 88 356 000
Ramadan is approaching! Celebrate the spirit of this Holy month by breaking your fast with a delightful local feast featuring traditional Malay specials and local favourites at Dreamtel Cafe on this upcoming 5th May till 4th June 2019.
Get your Early Bird Ramadan voucher for only RM60 nett per Adult; RM 30 nett per child (aged 6 – 12 years old).
- Children below 6 years old dine for free. *All prices will revert to normal price after 5:30pm daily.*
- For more info or to purchase, call us at 088 240 333 ext 2. Plan now and grab the Early Bird promotion!